About Bamboo Flooring
Our solid Strandwoven bamboo flooring is derived directly from the pole of the Moso bamboo plant, which is grown in government regulated and sustainable plantations in the mountainous regions of China. Bamboo is an extremely versatile grass which is one of the strongest materials in the world. It has a tensile strength superior to cold rolled steel and a compressive strength higher than concrete.
Bamboo is now widely recognised as an environmentally friendly and rapidly renewable resource which reaches maturity and optimum density in just 5 -6 years compared to old growth timbers which can take from 50 – 150 years to mature. Due to its regenerative root clump structure, one plant can produce up to 200 poles in a single life cycle.
There is virtually no waste or pollution in the harvesting and production of our strand bamboo. Block factories are strategically located near the factories where Moso bamboo grows. Virtually 100% of the pole is utilized in the manufacturing process, and the limited waste product is used by other industries or to generate the power that operates the factories.
How to care for your Bamboo Floor
- Vacuum or sweep floor regularly. General cleaning once a week is recommended
- Remove spills promptly
- Place mats at exterior and interior doors to trap sand and grit from incoming traffic
- Use rugs on high traffic areas
- Attach softs pads to the base of all furnishings in contact with the floor
- When moving heavy furniture or appliances, always pick them up rather than sliding them across the floor
- Keep pet’s claws properly trimmed to avoid excess scratches
- Maintain a consistent humidity of 35-55% in the room – if necessary use a humidifier/dehumidifier
- Any mirror scratches or damage can be repaired using the recommended repair kits available.
Method of installation
Bamboo Installation Guide
- 100% renewable and sustainable bamboo
- Unclic locking system for faster and cheaper installation
- Extremely hard and durable with excellent indentation resistance
- Easy to install and remove
- Perfect for DIY installation
- No glues, nails or staples leads to a much faster, easier and less expensive installation
- Residential and Commercial installation approved